Whether you skated through the 90s as an adult, came of age during them, or weren’t born yet, there’s no denying that some of the most memorable films have stood the test of time and still remain crowd favorites to this day. The 90s had a lot of patterns—bratty kids who pull one over on adults (often thieves), young women getting makeovers and suddenly being seen as ‘hot,’ teen ‘chick lite’ romances where the two leads start out hating each other, and lots of twins (who switch places, screw around with adults’ heads, and get up to all kinds of shenanigans). But we decided to focus on some of our personal favorites, which are memorable in their own right. Maybe you’ll read a unique spin on a movie near and dear to your heart, or feel tempted to give something you’ve never before seen a try!
The articles go live on their assigned date!
IN THIS ISSUE:
- March 2: How to Make a Great Adaptation 101: Clueless
- March 6: When Dreams Come True: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- March 13: Good Will Hunting
- March 17: My First Foray into Austen: Douglas McGrath’s Emma
- March 20: The Characters of Jurassic Park
- March 27: Falling into Dark Water: Romeo + Juliet
- April 3: Death and Growing up in My Girl
- April 7: Escaping Injustice: The Fugitive
- April 10: The Shawshank Redemption
- April 14: Titanic
- April 17: ‘90s Ever After: While You Were Sleeping
- April 24: Strictly Ballroom—A Kaleidoscope of Possibilities & Color!
Please follow us or sign up to receive e-mail notifications of new posts, and check back every Saturday for new content!